The Our Lungs Endowment Fund, together with the Rytíři Kladno hockey club and the Y&T Luxury Property real estate agency, which contributed with half the amount of the donated ultrasound, invites you to participate in a charity fundraiser.
We believe that everyone can take a nice deep breath...
#We believe in early diagnosis.
- People exhale up to 17.5 milliliters of water per hour.
- 70% of waste is eliminated through our lungs by mere respiration.
- Children and women breathe faster than men, their respiratory rate is higher.
- The left lung is smaller than the right lung to accommodate our heart.
- Lungs can hold 1 liter of air and are the only organ capable of floating on water.
- The air we are breathing contains 21% oxygen, of which our bodies use only 5%.
- We can live without one lung.
- According to an estimate, there are 300,000 undiagnosed asthmatics in the Czech Republic
- 5,500 die of lung carcinoma in the Czech Republic every year