INFORMATION ON THE PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
How it works
Our organization uses Darujme.cz to receive donations for general activities or specific projects of our organization. When providing the donation using this portal, you enter the amount of donation and provide basic information about yourself. By clicking on the donation button (usually labeled as “Donate”, but sometimes also as “Contribute”, “Support", etc.), you pledge to donate to our non-profit organization.
Once your donation is credited to our bank account, a Donation Agreement is concluded by and between you and our organization.
Rights and obligations regarding transfering and processing of personal data within the donation process are regulated by Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) and other legal directives related to personal data protection (further as " legal regulations regarding DP").
The Data Controller is Hospic sv. Štěpána, ID: 65081374, seat of the NGO: Rybářské nám. 662/4, Litoměřice, 412 01, Česká republika (further identified as "organization").
Why we process your personal data
Our organization has at disposal the data you provide within the donation process, namely your first name, last name, e-mail address, telephone number (if filled in), home address (if filled in), amount and frequency of donation, payment method, which we process for the following purposes:
- to make and fulfill a donation agreement between you and our organization;
- sending a donation thank-you note;
- sending information about how we have used your donation;
- issuing a deductible Donation Receipt applicable in the tax return.
Due to legitimate interest of the Controller, we also process your personal data for statistics for internal use and archiving purposes, should any disputes or complaints arise.
Legal regulations further require us to archive certain personal data especially for bookkeeping purposes, such as your first name, last name, address, amount of donation.
Where we store your personal data
We use secure electronic storages located in the member states of the European Union. This is important because EU countries provide a united high level of personal data protection. This enhances your data security.
Personal data retention period
Information about each donation are archived for 3 calendar years from its provision, should any claim or dispute arise unless required otherwise by the law. After this period we will anonymize or delete provided data.
In accordance with legal regulations regarding DP, you have the right to obtain from us the provision of information reagording your rights as a data subject, or performance of certain personal data operations. Our organization is responsible for handling requests related to personal data processing during the donation process, as described therein. If your request concerns personal data processing performed by Darujme.cz, please contact directly the operator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right of access: You have the right to receive a copy of the personal data we store about you and to certain information about how we use them.
- Right to rectification: If you believe the information you provided us with is inaccurate, you may obtain its update or rectification.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to the processing we perform to pursue legitimate interest. If we do not demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, we will not further process your personal data for that purpose.
- Right to data portability: Under certain circumstances, you have the right to obtain from us the provision of your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You can also have those data transmitted to a third party.
- Right to erasure: Under certain circumstances, you have the right to obtain from us the erasure of your personal data, for example, if your personal data are no longer necessary for the original purpose. Though you cannot exercise this right if such porcessing is necessary to fulfill our legal duties, or in case of exercising a right to freedom and information and other legal reasons stated by legal regulations regarding DP.
- Right to restriction of processing: Under certain circumstances, you have the right to obtain from us the discontinuation of the use of your personal data, for example if you believe the data are inaccurate or if you believe that it is no longer necessary to continue to use your personal information.
The request may be submitted only by you or your representative. If we are not sure of the applicant's identity, we may ask you to provide further information to verify your identity.
In certain cases, our obligation to comply with the request depends on the purpose for which we process your data. Some rights can only be exercised for certain processing purposes, or there are legal exceptions.
How to exercise your rights
Regarding your personal data processing or requests for the exercise of your rights, you may contact us at Hospic sv. Štěpána contact: email@example.com.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe that we process your personal data incorrectly or illegally, you may file a complaint with the Office for Personal Data Protection. For more information on the Office for Personal Data Protection and its complaints procedures, please visit: www.uoou.cz.
You can find out how to raise a complaint here: www.uoou.cz.